As for any master's program, the last six months is dedicated to the master's thesis (30 hp) but there is also an opportunity to do a full year master thesis (60 hp). The thesis project can be performed either in academia or in industry.
For a description of all the prerequisites for a master thesis see the official chalmers page.
List of Ongoing Masters thesis projects - 2016.
UPCOMING THESIS PRESENTATIONS
|Marcus Birgersson||January end 2016||Automating a data integration process using machine learning techniques|
|Niclas Stahl||Mid February 2016||Computational biology : Diffusion and genetic drift in population|
|Fredrik Hoxell||April 2016||Predictive speed control of heavy-duty vehicles based on MPC, adaptive algorithms and road topography data|
In order to give you a feeling for the kind of topics covered by earlier students we have gathered a list of the titles for master thesis projects performed by previous CAS students (these are only some examples).
Thesis for the degree of Master of Science in Complex Adaptive Systems
- Development of a mobile phone application for home automation
- Identifying apartment buildings with potential heating issues
- Internal Evolution for Agent Cognition - Agent-Based Modelling of an Artificial Stock Market
- A Complex Systems Approach to Human Cultural Evolution
- Evaluation of post-processing strategies for simultaneous pattern recognition based myoelectric prosthetic control
- Community Systems Modeling: From Complexity to Optimality
- Evaluation of Neutron Tracker Algorithms for Land and Neuland
- Vehicle modelling and washout filter tuning for the Chalmers Vehicle Simulator
- The performance of macro cellular networks operating in American TV white space
- A conceptual model for energy, trade and economy
- Reproducing the stylized facts of financial returns. An investigation of the parameter space of a stochastic discrete-time model
- Positioning systems for scale model cars - A survey of available systems and an application with Qualisys Track Manager
- An Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equations Solver on the GPU Using CUDA
- Trade-offs between Black Carbon and CO2
- Adaptive Bounding Volume Hierarchies For Deformable Surface Models
- Fruit Recognition by Hierarchical Temporal Memory
- Evolution towards optimality in Urdar - an artificial ecosystem
- Using Complexity Theory Methods for Sociological Theory Development
- Numerical simulations of generic train in crosswind using AVL Fire
- Detecting falls and poses in image silhouettes
- Monte Carlo Simulation of Runaway Electrons
- A new generation humanoid robot platform
- Finding Predictive Patterns in Historical Stock Data Using Self-Organizing Maps and Particle Swarm Optimization
- A probabilistic model for genetic regulation of metabolic networks
- Methods for Anonymizing Patterns of Human Mobility
- Forward filtering and backward smoothing for radar applications
- Assessing the Potential for Directing Electrification Towards Productive Use in Rural Mozambique
If you want to find the latest master theses in full text, see the library database.